What we buy matters.
As long as we continue creating demand for single or short use clothing, we continue to contribute towards the harmful effects on our environment.
But You can change this.
Buying the cheapest clothes will often mean that you will need to replace them soon, as poor quality garments will simply fall apart with minimal wear and tear.
Instead, think about investing in clothes that are versatile like a great pair of pants that can be worn to work and when going out. Or a timeless black jacket or a coat that can be worn pretty much anywhere and will never go out of fashion.
Choose high quality apparel. As well as lasting longer, you will save money.
It’s cheaper to fix small holes! Don’t just throw it in garbage!
Don’t throw away your old clothes – donate them to charity. These will be re-used or sent to third world countries in real humanitarian programs.
When choosing uniforms for your team or looking for workwear that you will enjoy wearing yourself, here’s what to look for:
- Choose blended fabrics such as polyester and wool mix for suiting – these are more comfortable to wear, they look and fit great and they last longer
- Choose only suppliers that adhere to ethical manufacturing standards
- Don’t go for the cheapest option first. Take your time to read the product descriptions. Aim for mid to higher range in prices, as with good suppliers you will get a product that lasts for years
- Look for timeless, classic base pieces and use shirts and blouses as well as accessories to elevate or change the look. You don’t need to change your entire wardrobe! Mix & Match!
- Order at least 2-3 bottoms (pants/skirts), 1-2 jackets and 3 tops so that you can always have a clean set to wear with: “one being worn, one in wash and one ready to wear” logic. This way all items are worn in rotation and will last longer.
Ackermann’s Apparel offers a sustainable solution with high quality, ethically manufactured and specifically business tailored fashion for work and uniforms that will last your team at least 2 years, possibly beyond.
We believe in providing our customers with apparel that is fairly manufactured, beautifully designed and offers a real return in investment whilst reducing harmful effects and wastefulness on our environment.
Our fabrics go through rigorous wearer and durability testing. Check the descriptions for Martindale test scores.
We ship by sea (not air) from our partner factories to our warehouse. Shipments are specially boxed to reduce the need for unnecessary packaging and are tightly filled in order to maximize the capacity of each journey.
We re-use our shipping boxes whenever possible and all cardboard and plastic gets recycled.
We are currently working on ways to further reduce the amount of packaging, replace plastic bags with biodegradable ones and developing recycled polyester uniform options.
Contact us for more details firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-514-746-0952